Tiffen Dfx Digital Filter Suite V3: Downloadable Version
Standalone Editions and Plug-Ins for Photoshop, After Effects, Aperture, Final Cut Pro and Avid
The New Dfx v3 Standalone from Tiffen is software that simulates over 2,000 special effects, from lens filters and film grain to natural light and color correction.
Add or modify the lighting and effects of a photograph in any way you would like using this powerful yet simple software plug-in. This enormous suite of features is an excellent source of digital optical filters for photographers, video editors, and effects artists alike.
The Tiffen Dfx v3 Standalone software differs from the Dfx v3 Photo Plug-in in that this Standalone software does not require any additional programs such as Adobe Photoshop or Apple Aperture to run. The Standalone version is all you will need to get the thousands of available photo effects.
Tiffen Dfx Standalone Feature Highlights
•125 individual filters
•Thousands of customizable presets
•Simulation of Tiffen glass camera filters, specialized lenses, optical lab processes, film grain, exacting color correction as well as natural light and photographic effects
•Rosco and GamColor Gel libraries
•Rosco and Gam Gobo libraries for lighting effects
•Paint system that includes Black/White, Blur, Clone, Color, Eraser, Mosaic, Red-Eye, Repair and Scatter brushes
•Image effects including non-destructive Crop, Rotate and Scale
•Layering system for multiple filter application
•Sophisticated but easy to use masking tools
•Variation generator for effect parameters
•Color management using ICC profiles
•8 or 16 bit image processing
•Exchangeable Image File Format (Exif)
•Camera RAW, TIFF, JPEG as well as Kodak Cineon and DPX file formats
New in Tiffen Dfx Version 3.0
Boasting enhanced multi-processor acceleration for faster interaction and rendering of images, 10+ brand new filters for optical effects, interface improvements, and more, Tiffen Dfx V3 takes still images to the next level of visual brilliance. New filter and effects capabilities include:
- Color Shadow: Creates a high contrast image overlayed with a gradient, simulating the look and feel of those colorful iPod® commercials.
- DeBand: Removes banding artifacts from an image by smoothing pixels in banded areas while retaining detail. Banding frequently occurs, in blue skies for instance, with DSLR’s as well as digital cameras. DeBand effectively smooths out this unwanted banding
- DeBlock: Removes blocking artifacts created as a result of high compression factors, such as overly compressed JPG images which often cause square blocking artifacts.
- DeNoise: Grain and noise from digital cameras, whether still or video, is a common problem. DeNoise removes the grain and noise while still retaining detail.
- Film Stocks: Simulates 113 different color and black & white photographic film stocks. For those desiring the look of either old or current film stocks, there are simulations of many of the popular
brands from Kodak®, Fuji®, Agfa®, Polaroid®, and Ilford®.
- Glow Darks: Glows and grows the dark areas of an image, creating a stylized, dreamy dark glow.
- Key Light: Relights images with a directional or point light. Changing the lighting after an image has been photographed gives the photographer/editor control to fix or enhance their images, as well as create interesting lighting effects.
- Rays: Creates stunning and realistic light ray effects quickly and easily. Rays can add shafts of light streaming through clouds, rays filtering through a forest canopy, beams of light on a foggy night, or rays shooting through an interior window. Rays adds a striking and dramatic quality to any image.
- Texture: Applies textures to an image for a stylized look. Adding texture to an image is a great way to create a unique and customized look.
- Match: Matches the color, detail, gradient, and tone of one image and applies it to another.