A unique opportunity to learn cinematography from the Industry's top professionals
The American Society of Cinematographers is excited to announce the Summer 2014 ASC Master Class, the week-long seminar will be taught by the organization’s most accomplished members.
This intensive, five-day seminar, designed to be the world’s premier educational opportunity of its kind, will take place from August 18-22, 2014. Classes will be based at the historic ASC Clubhouse, located in the heart of Hollywood. The event will include:
- Lectures by esteemed ASC instructors
- Practical, hands-on demonstrations of lighting and camera techniques for features, television and commercial projects, conducted by top ASC members
- Screenings and analysis of artfully shot feature films that will relate to the coursework
- Off-site outings to related professional facilities that will provide lighting equipment, high-end digital cameras and other gear for student use
- An elegant “wrap party” attended by students and Society members
An impressive list of ASC members has already committed to serving as faculty, including John Bailey, Dion Beebe, Don Burgess, Russell Carpenter, Caleb Deschanel, Robert Elswit, Anna Foerster, Darius Khondji, Emmanuel Lubezki, Matthew Libatique, John Schwartzman, Dante Spinotti, John Toll, Mandy Walker, Dariusz Wolski and Dion Beebe.
To encourage intensive learning and close contact with ASC instructors, the size of each Master Class will be limited to 20 individuals.
The ASC Master Class has been carefully planned to set the platinum standard for professional training, offering a curriculum that will correct the inconsistencies and fill in the gaps of traditional film-school education. This will not be an introductory-level course, so attendees should already have a more advanced skill set.Registration will be on a first-come, first-serve basis, so don't miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime chance to gain firsthand knowledge from cinematography’s most prestigious and celebrated artists!
Click here for information about the upcoming course. Details will be updated prior to the Summer 2014 course
Your deposit will hold your place in the course. If you are not selected for the course, the deposit will be refunded, however, if you opt out, the fee is non-refundable.