Visual effects are at the forefront of a digital revolution in the film and video industry and are becoming more and more important to movie language. This book teaches the practical techniques and skills required to incorporate effects successfully into both film and television production.
Written by an experienced professional, this manual is the essential guide to understanding the principles and background of modern visual effects.
- An invaluable insight into the use of visual effects in film and television
- Fully illustrated with diagrams to show you step-by-step techniques
- Covers visual effects processes from front-of-camera to post-production
- Redefines the rules of photography so that they can be broken for effects
- Shows the line of development from the oldest to the newest processes
- Everything you need to know to plan and supervise visual effects shots