Trish and Chris Meyer share their years of real-world production experience in the critically acclaimed Creating Motion Graphics with After Effects
. Learn how the program thinks as these award-winning artists share the tips and techniques they use in their own work. This full-color guide is packed with visual examples, while the accompanying DVD is loaded with projects that reinforce important skills you can apply to your own work.
Creating Motion Graphics is divided into two volumes. Volume 1: The Essentials is for all users of the version 6.5 Standard edition. It covers the core concepts and tools you need to tackle virtually every job, including keyframe animation, masking, mattes, 3D space, and over 100 plug-in effects.
This thoroughly updated third edition features new chapters on mastering the new Type tool for dynamic text animation, plus Animation Presets for saving and recalling your work as well as coverage of the hundreds of shortcuts and enhancements introduced in version 6.0 and 6.5 of this powerful tool. An introductory tutorial ensures that even the newest user can get up to speed quickly.
- Mastering complex animation through keyframe and velocity control
- Blending imagery using masks, mattes, and modes
- Building groups and hierarchies through parenting and nested comps
- Thorough coverage of 3D layers, cameras, and lights
- Exploring the new Type tool, as well as Text and Animation Presets Publication